GET YOUR WORK PUBLISHED
Guest Posts could be emailed to us to be considered for publication at [email@example.com].
Author(s) who would like to write for our Blog and submit their work for consideration must adhere to the following guidelines and policies:
CONTENT & FORMATTING GUIDELINES
- There is no particular theme, any content which has relevance to the world of ‘Sports Law’ is welcomed by us.
- Manuscripts not exceeding the word limit of 2000 words are preferred- longer pieces could be published in parts, if possible.
- Manuscripts should be in a proper structure. There is no restriction on the number of Headings and Sub-Headings that the Author(s) might use. Headings and Sub-Headings (if any) should be in Small Caps and Bold.
- Text Alignment should be ‘Justified’ and Page Margins should be kept as ‘Normal.’
- The body of the Text should be formatted to Times New Roman Font, Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5 and a Single Line Space between the Paragraphs.
- Do not Underline anything in the Manuscript.
- Quotes (if any) should be in Italics.
- The Title of the Manuscript should be Centrally Aligned on Top and can have as many words as per the Author(s) discretion.
- Do not use Footnotes or Endnotes; If any reference has to be provided, it should be in the form of a Hyperlink in the Text itself. Giving due reference for any Factual Assertion or Data Provided in the Text is preferred.
- Do not use Citations of Case-Laws in the Text; Hyperlinks for Case-Laws used (if any) should not be for Manupatra, SCC Online or any other portal/website which is not accessible to everyone. Use Hyperlinks for websites of Courts or other websites (including Indian Kanoon) which are accessible to everyone.
- The Maximum Number of Author(s) that can submit a Manuscript for consideration is 2.
- All Submissions should be made through email, to [firstname.lastname@example.org] with Subject as “SUBMISSION OF MANUSCRIPT FOR PUBLICATION”.
- The submission should be made in MS WORD Format with (.doc) or (.docx) extension. The Title of the Word Document should be same as the Title of the Manuscript.
- For the Cover Letter or the Body of the email, copy-paste the following text and fill in the required details. If you want your photograph(s) to be included in the publication, attach the same with the email.
[I/We], [Name(s) of the Author(s)], [am/are] interested in getting [my/our] work published on SLPRR’s Blog. [I/We] request you to consider our work titled [Title of the Manuscript] for publication. Vide the instrumentality of this email, [I/we] confirm that this work is [my/our] original contribution and that it has not been plagiarized in part or in whole from any other works; quotes taken from any other source have been supported with due reference in the form of Hyperlinks according to the Content & Formatting Guidelines of SLPRR. [I/We] understand that publication decision is fully at the discretion of SLPRR. Furthermore, [I/we] acknowledge that [I/we] have gone through and agreed to the guidelines and policies of SLPRR.
Details of the Author(s):
[LINKEDIN URL (if any)]
[ANY OTHER DETAILS TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE BLOG – INSTITUTION/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION – *If you do not wish to disclose this, that is completely fine]
PFA the Word Document of the Manuscript.
EDITORIAL & PUBLICATION POLICY
- The Editors at SLPRR retain complete discretion over acceptance or rejection of any Manuscript received for consideration. Moreover, if the Editors believe that the guidelines and policies have not been complied with, their decision shall be final in that regard.
- The manuscripts selected for publication shall also be converted into podcasts with an automated voiceover generated with a software. The podcasts are posted by us on the blog page as well as on Spotify.
- Manuscripts may be returned to the Author(s) along with feedback and suggestions for changes needed. Once re-submitted with due compliance to the suggestions, the Manuscripts will again be considered for publication. Author(s) are expected to be cooperative in case such changes are needed prior to publication.
- Once accepted for publication, the Copyright of the work shall vest with SLPRR, However, the Author(s) will be duly acknowledged along with the publication and Moral Rights will vest with them. They can also use their work subsequently, contingent to a permission from SLPRR which could be obtained via email to [email@example.com] for the same.
- Plagiarism exceeding the general permitted standards, in part or in whole, will attract disqualification for publication purposes and is highly discouraged by us.
- Any work by the Author(s) which has already been published elsewhere, and belongs to such publisher or platform, will not be considered unless a permission for re-publication is taken from such publisher or platform where it is published. This permission could be in form of an email which must be forwarded along with submission of the Manuscript.
- The review and publication process will generally take up to one week. However, the same can be delayed due to any emergency arising out of a natural or a man-made event.
- An e-certificate of publication will be provided to the Author(s) upon publication of their work on SLPRR’s Website.
- Non-acceptance of work submitted to be considered for publication is no comment on the quality of work, but purely a subjective assessment.
- The guidelines and policies of SLPRR are subject to change. We advise you to re-check them before you send your work for consideration. Any changes made in the guidelines shall be effective from the time such change is published on the website.
- The opinions and views expressed in the published work are that of the Author(s) and not of SLPRR- the expressed opinions do not, in any way whatsoever, reflect the views of any third party, including any institution/organization that the Author(s) is/are currently associated to or was/were associated to in the past. Furthermore, the expressions are solely for informational and educational purposes, and must not be deemed to constitute any kind of advice.