ABOUT SPIL, GLC MUMBAI:
In an increasingly integrated world with growing trans-national interactions, the significance of International Law has never been greater. SPIL Mumbai, strives towards taking legal studies to an empirical level and promoting law as an area of enquiry and study far beyond the realms of classrooms.
This student-based organization of Government Law College, Mumbai has successfully organised several events, including a lecture on the working of the International Criminal Court by Professor William Burke White of the University of Pennsylvania, a Model United Nations – Student Exchange Program with students of the School of International Relations, Tehran and the Government Law College International Law Summit- which is held annually. SPIL, Mumbai also regularly organises workshops on the basics of International Law, which have an overwhelming response from law students across colleges and holds various competitions, guest lectures, workshops and also publishes an International Law Journal.
About National Legal Article Writing Competition
In an attempt to facilitate legal studies, SPIL, holds various events throughout the year. The National Legal Article Writing Competition, is one such initiative carried out for encouraging students to discover the domain of international law and has grown tremendously within a short span & has seen a profound response over the years. Law students, from around the country, are invited to submit articles on any of the sub-topics provided by us based on the theme of the Competition.
The Theme for this edition of the Competition is ‘Changing role of International Sports Law in 21st Century’.
The following are the sub-topics:
1. Lex Sportiva vs. Lex Judica – Analysis by the Court of Arbitration for Sports.
2. Analysis of framework on Gambling and Sports Betting: Threat to the integrity and the nature of sports?
3. Usage of drugs, illegal substances and doping in sports: Does the World Anti-Doping Code 2021 deliver proportionate restrictions?
4. War and Peace: Sports as a tool of Serenity.
5. Analysis of E-Sports Regulations: Integrity of Technological Innovation and International Law.
6. International Sports Law: An evolving discourse or a need for paradigm shift?
For more information, kindly refer to the Brochure – NLAWC, 2022: